Destination in the journey is always the most sinificant factor that influences and determines the success of a trip. Before heading to Cambodia, building a list of must – visit places will save you a lot of time and surely make your trip to Cambodia easier. Follow us to some most popular attractions that you should not miss whenever coming to this land.
Along with Phnom Penh, Siem Riep is one of the most attractive cities in Cambodia, with a convenient location of being near the Tonle Sap Lake, locating on the banks of the Battambang River and has the most important relics, ruins of Angkor. Do not miss the following destinations:
• Angkor National Museum.
• Angkor Silk Farm: Located in the open and airy countryside, visitors will have chances to witness the a process of making silk like the ancient Cambodians.
• Visiting Sacred Temples: Wat Bo, Wat Preah, Prom Rath, …
• Entertainment centers such as Old Market, Pub Street, …
From Siem Riep you can visit many other attractive destinations such as:
Angkor Wat which contains Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Ta Prohm Temple, Preah Khan Temple.
• Tonle Sap Lake: Southeast Asia’s largest freshwater and most important lake in Cambodia.
• Battambang: a peaceful city by the Sangkae river’s bank with various old French architectures. Some interesting attractions in Battambang include the Kamping Puoy lotus, Wat Ek Phnom temple with 28m high Buddha statue, Prasat Banan temple, Prasat Snung temple and Nory bamboo train.
Kep brings a hidden beauty because of its tranquility, which is suitable for those who love peace and rustic atmosphere. Discovered by the French about a century ago, Kep is home to lush green beaches, fresh seafood, French-style villas, hammocks and restaurants, small, beautiful bungalows. This is really a great destination to mark your journey.
Bokor plateau is considered as Sapa of Cambodia, located at altitude 1000m above see. Bonkor is all year round covered by cloud. In the early twentieth century, Bokor was a vacation destination of the French colonialists, later it became the residence of the Sihanouk royal family. At Bokor there are some attractions, that anyone love photography should not that should not ignore such as Five Pagodas, the ancient temple, the goddess Yamao, …
Sihanoukville is the most famous coastal city of Cambodia thanks to its beautiful and captivating beaches, including Otres Beach and Ochheuteal Beach.
From Sihanoukville, you can visit some other stunning islands off the coast such as Koh Russei (Bamboo Island), Koh Rong and Rok Rong Samloem, dubbed as paradise island, with blue sandy beaches, amazing marine ecosystem underneath the ocean. It is very suitable for those who love diving.
Cambodia’s capital, Phnompenh, is the convergence of the beauty of Southeast Asia, a perfect combination of tradition and modernity, preserving many Khmer architecture works that have influences of French architect style. Today, Phnom Penh is one of two major cities attracting most of tourists to Cambodia. If you do not know where to go in Cambodia, visit the beautiful city of Phnom Penh. Some suggestions for you to visit in Phnom Penh:
• Royal Palace of Cambodia and Silver Pagoda.
• Wat Phnom
• National Museum of Cambodia
• Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (prison S-21)
• Choeung Ek’s death field: the collective tomb of ten thousands of Cambodians, where the Khmer Rouge regime massacred many innocent people.
• Independence Memorial and Liberation Memorial.
• Modern Nagaworld Casino, with many exciting games.
• Traditional markets in Phnom Penh such as: Phsar Thmey (Round Market), Russian Market, Orussey Market.
Located in southern Cambodia, Kampot is a small city located on Kampong Bay River’s bank and not far from the Gulf of Thailand. Coming to Kampot, Cambodian tourists will immerse in the tranquil scenery of riverside country.
Highlights include: Bokor Mountain with French colonial architecture, caves in Phnom Chhnork, famous bridge over the Kampong River and Kampot Railway Station.
If you concern about Attractions, please contact us for more infomation. Share this article if it is helpful for you!