Thailand is well known for its tourism industry, which is one of the most attractive destinations in the region with an average of over 12 million tourists per year. There are a lot ofnickname that visitors give this country such as “Golden Temple Country”, “Paradise”, “Paradise of Shopping”, ” … you will be impressive right at the first sight by the beautiful scenery, magnificent temple system, amusement parks, traditional festivals and especially countless shopping opportunities at busy shopping malls.
Thailand is a tropical monsoon climate with four distinct seasons: dry season lasts from January to February, hot season from March to May, rainy season from June to October, cool season from May 11 to 12. The average temperature of Thailand is quite high, the temperature is usually 32 degrees Celsius in December ansomtimes it is even up to 35 degrees Celsius in April.
Immigration and customs procedures.
• You should have a cooperative attitude with Thailand immigration authorities. They have right to refuse your entry if you do not cooperate, enven if you have adequate entry documents.
• Thailand does not limit the amount of foreign currency brought from abroad. Visitors can also bring foreign currency out of Thailand, but no more than the amount declared in the customs declaration you signed in with customs department.
• Tax and Currency Regulations: You are allowed to bring in duty free tobacco with maximum 200 cigarettes and one liter of wine or spirits. Weapons, drugs … are strictly forbidden. Traveler’s checks and foreign exchange bills are allowed to enter Thailand but they must be listed clearly in custom declaration form.
• When you leave Thailand , you submit the declaration along with your passport. The customs officer will stamp the return date on the passport, declaration, and give them back.
• Antique items and Buddha statues that are the real goods will require the exit permit.
• Each person is not allowed to carry more than 50,000 baht in cash out of Thailand.
Transport to Bangkok
First option: Airport Rail Link
This is a special tram service that runs from Suvarnabhumi to Bangkok and vice versa, operating from 6am to midnight. There are two direct routes called SA Express with time between two locations is from 15 to 18 minutes, the price of one way ticket is 150 baht. There is also City Line that is slower and stops at 6 stations, but the total journey time is only 30 minutes, one way ticket is 45 baht; If you do not want to go to the last station then the fare is 15 baht per station.
Two Express routes of Airport Rail Link will take you directly to Phetchaburi Station MRT Station and BTS Phayathai Skytrain Station. Beside, the City Line’s last station is BTS Phayathai Station.
When leaving the customs area at Suvarnabhumi Airport, go down to the basement level on the first floor to find the Airport Rail Link station and buy tickets there.
Second option: Taxi
The taxi runs from Suvarnabhumi to Bangkok 24 hours a day. When you take a taxi, you have to pay : a tip for the driver of about 50 baht, the toll and the taxi fee displayed on the display in front of the driver. In sum, you will need to pay between 350 and 400 baht for a 40 minute taxi from Suvarnabhumi to central Bangkok. However, traffic jams are common in Bankok so the timetable may be not exactly
Third option: Bus
- Line 551 – Suvarnabhumi Airport – Victory Monument
- Line 552 – Suvarnabhumi Airport – Skytrain On Nut BTS Station
- Line 554 – Suvarnabhumi Airport – Don Muang Airport
Bus fares range from 24 to 70 baht, depending on the type of bus (public bus or public van) and station you stop.
Transpotation in Bankok
There are 6 major way to move in Bangkok:
• First option: BTS Skytrain
BTS is an arial tram system, called Skytrain, in Bangkok, which is extremely convenient and fast.
There are two BTS routes, namely Silom and Sukhumvit:
+ Silom runs across the central (Siam) to southwest of the city (Chong Nonsi)
+ Sukhumvit runs across the north (Chatuchak – Mochit) (Siam) to the southeastern city (Sukhumvit-On Nut).
One way ticket price is from 10 baht to 52 baht depending on your destination. If you intend to use Skytrain as your primary means of transportation within Bangkok, you should buy a one day pass for 130 baht, which can be used for infinite times in a day. You can exchange coins at the counter in front of the ticket counter at each station and buy tickets through the nearby automated machine. When passing through the ticket gate, gently insert the card into the slot. The machine will automatically swallow the ticket, open the gate and return the ticket to you in another slot. Quickly pick up the ticket and pass before the gate closes.
Second option: MRT
The MRT is Bangkok’s metro system, connect Bang Sue in the north (near Chatuchak Park), Sukhumvit, Silom and Hua Lamphong stations near Chinatown. One way ticket range from 16 to 40 baht, depending on the number of stations you go through. Note that this retail ticket is a plastic penny, bought from the ticket machines at each station. When checking ticket, you place the coin on the sensor, the door will automatically open. Take the penny and go over, because you still need to return the penny at the station you want to go to. In addition, you can also purchase indefinite tickets during office hour . 1-day pass for 120 baht; 3 day ticket 3 day pass cost 230 baht; 30 day 30 day pass pass for 1400 baht.
Third option: Tuk tuk
Tuk tuk is a cheap and available means of transportation in Bangkok. The tuk tuk experience will surely make you never forget beacasue of the sudden speed on the busy streets of Bangkok. When traveling short distances, tuk tuk is much better than taxi thanks to the talented drivers. If you only want to travel to small areas such as Siam, Silom, Sukhumvit and Chatuchak, BTS and MRT are the better choices for you. However, if you want to go further to areas such as the West Khao San neighborhood, Chinatown or other places along the river, tuk tuk is one of the best options.
If you concern about Indochina tourism, please contact us for more information. Share this article if it is helpful for you!